2017 Budget Calendar
It’s that time of year again, when the trees begin to bloom, the birds start to chirp, and the City’s staff and governing body begin to prepare the budget for next year. The annual budget must be submitted to the County Clerk by August 25th annually. Staff has put together a preliminary calendar to help with the preparation of the budget. Citizens are invited and encouraged to attend budget meetings and hearings held by the City.
Budget Session – Schedule of Meetings and Deadlines
- Council workshop to review budget objectives
- Council workshop to review solid waste assessment for 2017
- Council workshop to review employee pay scale and benefits
- Review and adopt 2017 pay scale and benefits package
- Review reserves and trends in primary revenues
- Special workshop to review preliminary objectives, capital budget and equipment replacement schedule
May 25th Community Forum
- Present cost of living comparisons in the metro and budget presentation
2017 Budget presentation
How Much Does it Cost To Live in My Town?
- June 6th
- Council workshop to review revised budget presentation, if needed. Review of 2015 audit.
- Public Hearing on Proposed Budget