The Governing Body and City Staff are busy at work putting together the 2018 – 2020 budget. Roeland Park must adopt the next year’s budget by August 25th annually. In addition to the next year’s budget, it is City policy to project revenues and expenditures for the following two years to gain a clearer picture of the City’s financial Future.
Staff has put together a preliminary calendar to help with the preparation of the budget. Citizens are invited and encouraged to attend budget meetings and hearings held by the City. Citizens can view preliminary budget documents by clicking the links below.
Budget Session – Schedule of Meetings and Deadlines
- Council workshop to review 2018 budget Goals and Objectives.
- Council workshop to review solid waste assessment for 2018 and the Preliminary Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) for revised 2017-2026
- Council workshop to review and adopt employee benefits package
- Presentation of 2018 Preliminary Budget reflecting preliminary approved objectives, CIP and Equipment Replacement
- 2016 Financial Audit/Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) presentation by City Auditors
- Presentation of Revised Preliminary Budget reflecting pay-as-you-go CIP and a two mill decrease
May 24th Community Forum
- City statistical information overview
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey Overview
- Budget Presentation
- Council workshop to review revised budget presentation, if needed.
- Public Hearing on 2018 Proposed Budget