The Governing Body adopted the 2018 Budget on July 24th. Roeland Park must adopt the next year’s budget by August 25th annually. In addition to the next year’s budget, it is City policy to project revenues and expenditures for the following two years to gain a clearer picture of the City’s financial Future.
Budget Session – Schedule of Meetings and Deadlines
- Council workshop to review 2018 budget Goals and Objectives.
- Council workshop to review solid waste assessment for 2018 and the Preliminary Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) for revised 2017-2026
- Council workshop to review and adopt employee benefits package
- Presentation of 2018 Preliminary Budget reflecting preliminary approved objectives, CIP and Equipment Replacement
- 2016 Financial Audit/Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) presentation by City Auditors
- Presentation of Revised Preliminary Budget reflecting pay-as-you-go CIP and a two mill decrease
May 24th Community Forum
- City statistical information overview
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey Overview
- Budget Community Forum Presentation 5-24-17
- Council workshop to review revised budget presentation, if needed.
- Public Hearing on 2018 Proposed Budget
- Budget Hearing – City Council Chambers, 7 p.m.
July 10th and 24th
- Budget Workshops
- Deadline to send Certified Budget to the Johnson County Clerk