2012 Schedule Available Now!
The City will conduct its’ Annual Fall Leaf Pickup, during the months of October, November and December, providing that the leaves have fallen and depending on the weather conditions.
- East of Roe
- October 22nd – 26th
- November 5th – 9th
- November 19th, 20th, & 21st
- West of Roe
- October 29th – November 2nd
- November 12th – 16th
- November 26th – 30th
- Roe Blvd.
- Saturday November 17th
- Roe Residents – Streets will be blocked starting at 7am to allow you to put leaves into the street
- Last past on Roe to be completed by noon.
- City Wide Cleanup
- December 3rd – December 7th
- December 10th – 14th
As a reminder, please rake your leaves into the street about a foot from the curb so the machine can get in and pick them up. Please do not allow any other items to be in with the leaves as they can damage the machine and cause unnecessary expenses to the City and to you, the taxpayer.
We ask that you not start putting leaves out more than 2 days prior to the scheduled pickup.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the leaf program, please feel free to contact City Hall.
OTHER OPTIONS FOR HANDLING FALL LEAVES
- Feed your lawn with leaves by using a mulching mower! Instead of raking leaves, run a mulching mower across up to six inches of fallen leaves instead of raking. More information available at the Kansas State University Extension Officehttp://www.ksre.ksu.edu/library/DesktopDefault.aspx
- Use the weekly Compostable pickup. Use a plastic trash can with a “Yard Waste” sticker to roll around the yard and then to the curb—no bags in the container. Paper yard waste bags are great for leaves, too.
- Compost at home. Kansas State University How to Make and Use Compost http://www.ksre.ksu.edu/library/hort2/mf1053.pdf