Every citizen has a responsibility for the welfare of their community. The City of Roeland Park has ordinances ensuring that Roeland Park continues to be a safe and beautiful community in which to live and work.
The City of Roeland Park adopted the 2003 International Property Maintenance Code. This code allows the city’s Code Enforcement Officer to ensure that citizen and business properties are maintained in compliance with city ordinances. The city currently has one Code Enforcement Officer that patrols the city and investigate citizens’ concerns. Learn more about our code enforcement process.
- Accumulation of trash & debris
- Construction projects without permits
- Dead trees and shrubs
- Dilapidated or damaged structures
- Excessive weed growth/tall grass
- House exterior needs painting or repair
- Inoperable/unlicensed vehicles
- Overgrown shrubs or trees
- Parking on lawn
- Unlawful parking of recreation vehicles/trailer/boats
What can I do when I see a possible violation?
When you see what you think is a property maintenance code violation, you have more than one option:
- Talk to your neighbor. Most neighbors will appreciate being notified of a problem so it can be corrected before a complaint is registered.
- Contact City Hall at (913)722-2600; or email: email@example.com
When emailing please provide:
- the exact address of the property with the violation
- the nature of the violation
- your name and if you would like a return call, your phone number
Why did I receive a letter from Code Enforcement for my private property? Every citizen has responsibilities to the community in which they live. Proper maintenance of each property ensures the health, safety and welfare of the community as a whole. The City of Roeland Park has a property maintenance code as well as ordinances by which citizens are required to abide. These codes and ordinances apply to all private property within the city limits. Find out more on our code process.
Codes Enforcement Activity Reports
To review codes activity citywide, check out these reports that are provided to the City Council on a periodic basis: