The City of Roeland Park and the Roeland Park Community Center are looking for volunteers with a variety of skills!
Volunteer opportunities may include positions such as the following:
- Electronic Document Coordinator– Assist the City by becoming digital in its long term records archives. A high speed scanner is in place to start the process of converting 60 plus years of City history into a digital format. This process will also assist in reducing the storage space issues at City Hall.
- Newsletter Editor– Help draft articles and assemble the Roeland Parker which is mailed to every address in the City on a quarterly basis. The newsletter contains actions by the governing body, reminders about city codes and ordinances, feature articles and updates about the Roeland Park Community Center and Aquatics Center.
- Data Entry Assistant– The City of Roeland Park is in the process of updating records from paper to digital formats as well as entering current information into the City’s Computers.
- Facility Maintenance Specialist– Assist the Building Maintenance Supervisor at the Roeland Park Community Center with a variety of tasks that could include painting or touch up of interior rooms, assisting with fall leaf clean up, assist with pre-scheduled building cleaning and more. If volunteer possesses specific knowledge in plumbing, electricity, heating/cooling or other specialized vocational skills they could be called upon for their expertise. Time commitment would be on an as needed basis and would vary in length depending on the project.
- Garden Maintenance Specialist– Assist with the Community Garden on the Roeland Park Community Campus. Duties could include pulling weeds, watering, harvesting, composting and other tasks required to maintain a healthy garden. Time commitment is flexible with more help needed in the spring and summer when the garden is producing at its peak.
- Receptionist, Community Center– Answer phones, greet the public and inform those inquiring about the programs and services offered on the Community Center Campus. In general, the Community Center relies on volunteers to cover the offices in this capacity one to two times per month for a minimum of one hour and at most four hours.
- Special Event Assistant– Assist Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s event coordinators with a variety of tasks that could include; set up, serving food, helping to run activities/games, clean up and more. Events can be during the week in the middle of the day or on weekends and range from one hour to four hours max.
- Fitness Room Attendant– Greet fitness room patrons, ensure members are signing in, clean fitness equipment and answer questions about fitness room memberships. Evening hours available Monday – Thursday from 5 PM – 8 PM and Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM.
- Kid’s Café Summer Lunch Program Assistant– Serve lunch to kid’s between the ages of 0 – 18. Duties include keeping attendance records, setting up the prepackaged meals, serving the lunch, keeping perishable items on ice, counting food that is left, adhering to Harvester’s Kid’s Café regulations for program, cleaning up and return unused food to the kitchen. The Lunch program begins the first week of June and ends the first week of August. Lunch is served daily. Volunteers are needed daily between the hours of 11 AM – 1 PM.
How to Get Involved? Complete our Volunteer Application Form
For more information please call City Hall at 913-722-2600 or the Community Center at 913-826-3160