The intention of this newsletter is to keep you up to date on a monthly basis with the happenings at the Roeland Park Community Center and what you should be looking forward to in the coming months. Remember we are here for you! If you have suggestions, questions or comments about these or other programs, give us a call, send us an email or just stop by to chat!
You will soon be receiving your April 2013 Roeland Parker in the mail, but we know you want a sneak peak of what is going on in Roeland Park!
- The City’s Budget Process is getting ready to start – April 22nd will be our first meeting to discuss the City Survey results and hear from our Auditor on the 2012 finances.
- Get and update on the Various Shopping Districts and Vacant Properties in Roeland Park
- Read about one of our New Council Members – Sheri McNeil
- Learn what you need to do to protect your trees from the Emerald Ash Borer
- Reserve a space at the Community Garden for Spring planting
- See what’s happening at the Community Center or Aquatic Center
- Make sure you are in compliance with City codes
- Get ready for the Spring City-Wide Garage Sale -
May 16-19, 2013.
Read about these topics and more in the April edition of the Roeland Parker.
Highlights includes a number of physical and program improvements throughout the City
Roeland Park, Kansas – The City of Roeland Park is pleased to announce that it has issued its Annual Report for Calendar Year 2012. A copy of the Annual Report was presented to the Mayor and Council Members during the April 1, 2013, City Council Meeting. Continue reading
JOCO Recycles website. Julie and her co-workers have added some fun new videos that promote proper disposal of household hazardous waste and yard waste, which keep our storm drains clean.
Johnson County AIMs Stormwater Network. The Johnson County AIMs department has mapped the open channel and piped system throughout Johnson County. This network can be used by staff to aid in illicit discharge investigations and by residents to see how where Stormwater goes from their property. This one can be modified so that when you open it up it is centered on your city.