Complete an online application in order to submit your interest in volunteering with a City board or committee.
Board and Committee Opportunities
- Community Engagement Committee: This Committee makes recommendations to the City Council concerning the annual community festival and other community events.
- Aquatic Center Advisory Committee: Review information about the Pool Advisory Committee, view a member listing, and browse committee agendas and minutes.
- Arts Advisory Committee: View information about the Arts Committee, including a member listing.
- Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA): The Board of Zoning Appeals receives, hears, and decides appeals to official decisions pertaining to zoning requirements.
- Parks & Trees Committee: Review information about the Parks Committee which makes recommendations to the City Council concerning City owned parks and parkland.
- Planning Commission: The Planning Commission adopts and amends regulations governing subdivisions, approves plats, and recommends zoning changes.
- Racial Equity Committee: The Ad Hoc Racial Equity Committee is tasked with reviewing city policies and helping to advise the Council on ways to be more inclusive and equitable for all racial groups.
- Sustainability Committee: The Sustainability Committee makes recommendations to the City Council concerning issues relating to or affecting environmental sustainability.
- Youth Advisory Committee: The Youth Advisory Committee is comprised of youth ages 13-19 that advise the Governing Body on issues affecting youth in the City. Members can live in or attend school in Roeland Park.