11/16 EVENING UPDATE: The leaf truck had to return to the shop today due to further mechanical issues and the team is scheduled to tentatively start pick ups tomorrow (11/17) afternoon. The good news is the shop has the parts on hand and the issue was identified. We understand this is disappointing news! The Public Works team will do everything they can to pick up leaves quickly and efficiently. The schedule will remain as follows:
-Tan Zone: Complete.
-Yellow Zone: Complete
-Aqua Zone: 85% complete and will tentatively be complete on 11/17.
-Dark Green: Pick up tentatively planned to start on 11/18.
-Pink Zone: Pick up tentatively planned for 11/18.
-Light Green: Pick up tentatively planned for 11/19.
-The start of the second pick up on west side is delayed until next week.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLACING YOUR LEAVES SHOWN IN THE Leaf Pick Up Brochure AND THE instructional video.
Below is the leaf collection map with pickup dates. There will be a new pick up schedule this year; Public Works will be starting the leaf pickup on the east side of town versus starting on the west side.PLEASE NOTE: This year Public Works will be starting the leaf pickup on the east side of town versus starting on the west side
- Rake leaves into long piles behind the curb. Do not rake leaves into the street. Any leaves in the street will not be collected and must be removed by the resident.
- Leaves should be placed within eight feet of the back of the curb.
- Place leaves behind the curb the day before your scheduled pick up date.
- Please note: When sidewalks abut the curb, please leave at least three feet of passable sidewalk space between the curb and leaf piles for pedestrian use.
- Keep leaf piles free of limbs and litter. Our ability to use the vacuum and compost leaves is dependent on a leaf only collection stream.
- Keep leaves away from obstacles like your collection carts, mailboxes, cars and utility poles.
- Do not park your vehicle in front of leaves during collection hours of Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Refer to the schedule and map for collection days.